codenamebookworm

Code Name: Bookworm

Review: Phoenix Island - John Dixon

Phoenix Island - John  Dixon

This was a great read, one I finished almost all at one go. It was thoroughly entertaining, an action-packed book with believable characters and conspiracies abound. I can really see why this would be a great adaptation for TV and I eagerly await the sequel!

Some of the plot twists were completely unexpected, and the novel kept me on my toes throughout. It has certain elements quite similar to The Lord of The Flies and it is perhaps one of the best books that I’d recommend to Hunger Games’ fans that won’t read like a replica.

There is of course, no such thing as a perfect book, and I did have an issue with it (emphasis on the singular). However, this is just me being nitpicky and it’s not that prominent as you read.

With well written fight scenes set in an exotic locale and a delicious number of twists and turns along the way, this is an excellent action/adventure book!

*I received a copy of the book via Netgalley. This doesn't affect my opinion of the book.

**Check out my blog for the full review and some awesome extra bits! [LINK]

Source: http://codenamebookworm.wordpress.com/2014/01/20/phoenix-island-john-dixon